Yard Operation- Southampton Accommodation
Job Reference: 2361 5
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with over 165 Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A Yard Operative/ Fork Lift Driver is required to join the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
As Yard Operative/ Fork Lift Driver you will be required to load and unload Lorries, locate units in the yard and make them available to be prepared ready for hire. Keeping the yard running in a smooth and consistent manner, prepare the equipment to ensure that it is clean and ready for customers to hire. The role will entail;
- Loading and Unloading lorries with Accommodation units
- Stock control, to include confirm units in and out, and an element of stock rotation
- Assist with the preparation of getting Accommodation units ready for hire, this will be basic DIY to include painting, cleaning and locating furniture to a standard ready for customers to hire.
- Maintaining a clean and safe yard, workshop and storage areas
- Liaise with other staff members and external haulers on a day to day basis when loading and unloading job
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- A good level of physical fitness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Forklift license (B1 required but training can be provided)
- Good level of Customer Service
- Willing to undertake relevant training and development
- Knowledge of PPE requirements and COSHH is an advantage
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.