Accommodation Fitter - Manchester
Job Reference: 26517
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
At A-Plant Accommodation, we are proud to be a market leader in the supply of a modern fleet of site storage, welfare facilities, hiring out temporary building systems to the construction, industrial, infrastructure, utilities and events sectors.
From the Open Golf to Glastonbury, the Houses of Parliament to the Highlands of Scotland, you will find our fleet all across the UK. Our range includes single storage containers through to full contractor villages and we are continuing to grow, with multi-million investment in our equipment each year.
So, come and join our friendly team and we’ll provide you with everything you need to succeed. Award winning training, professional development and support and with the opportunities to progress your career
We are part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world! We are continuing to experience an exciting period of company growth, so it’s a great time to join our friendly team where you will play a key role in the Depot operations, helping to provide an outstanding level of customer service.
Roles and responsibilities
On a day-day basis you will maintain, repair and prepare for hire all types of portable accommodation units within our range. Working as part of a well skilled team under an experienced foreman, you will be tasked with preparing units to high standard for our wide range of clients. Depending on the specific role within our team this could be fully depot based or a mix of depot and site based works.
Working alongside colleagues, you will be a great team player and take pride in your workplace and working environment, making sure that high standards are maintained whilst complying with company procedures and processes.
It’s also really important that you communicate effectively, ensuring that your Line Manager and Customers are kept informed as required.
If you are successful we will provide you with a full company induction and work with you to identify your development needs and career progression plan.
What you will need to bring to the role from day one:
- Basic Joinery and plumbing skills are required to prepare our portable accommodation units for hire.
- Able to work as part of a Team, supporting colleagues
- Flexible and self-motivated, you’ll be keen to embrace new training opportunities, which may on occasion require staying away from home
- Customer-Focused with a commitment to delivering an excellent service
- A strong attention to detail
- The ability to ensure all works are completed to a high standard within a tight timescale
Extra skills that would benefit you in the role
- CSCS card for working on site
- Slinger / signaller qualification or previous experience
- Lift supervisor qualification or previous qualification
- Welding and fabrication qualification, Installation Expereince
- Painting and spray painting experience
- Driving license
- Experience of working at heights
- Forklift / telehandler license
- Painting and spray painting experience
- Vinyl floorcovering welding / installation experience
Your hours of work will be Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 42.5 hours per week. Overtime may be available and would be mutually agreed.
The package includes a competitive salary graded based on your skill level and a flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance and a great Company pension scheme.
If you would like to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry then apply NOW!!