Operations Manager- South
Job Reference: 26678
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming the employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
At A-Plant Accommodation, we are proud to be a market leader in the supply of a modern fleet of site storage and welfare facilities, hiring out temporary building systems to the construction, industrial, infrastructure, utilities and events sectors.
From the Open Golf to Glastonbury, the Houses of Parliament to the Highlands of Scotland, you will find our fleet all across the UK. Our range includes single storage containers through to full contractor villages and we are continuing to grow, with multi-million investment in our equipment each year.
So, come and join our friendly team and we will provide you with everything you need to succeed. Award winning training, professional development and support and with the opportunities to progress your career
We are part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world! We are continuing to experience an exciting period of company growth, so it is a great time to join our friendly team where you will play a key role in the Depot operations, helping to provide an outstanding level of customer service.
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting to the Director for the division, the successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Leading and developing the Service Centre teams to ensure that a consistently high quality service is provided to customers at all times
- Through coaching and diligent support, ensuring that the business achieves or exceeds its agreed service levels and other agreed targets.
- Ensuring the District's financial and operational performance is achieved and wherever possible exceeded
- Supporting the strategic growth objectives of the business be that through core products or new business opportunities
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with the Sales team to ensure that all opportunities are maximised.
- Ensuring that compliance and health and safety are of paramount importance and that all necessary audits are carried out in a timely manner.
Interested? To apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate;
- High levels of business acumen including the ability to interpret and manage complex financial data
- Strong Leadership skills brought about by extensive experience in an Operations or Sales role
- The ability to lead a complex operation with the agility to take action when required and show strategic leadership across the patch
- The vision, drive and leadership skill set to drive individual and District performances.
There's no question about it, this is a challenging role and we expect the successful candidate to have a significant experience of developing and maintaining a high performance operation. Previous construction industry or related sector experience would be highly desirable but we also welcome applications from candidates from other sectors who can demonstrate an aptitude for future success in the industry.
The package includes a competitive salary, company car and a flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance and a great Company pension scheme.
If you would like to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry then apply NOW!!