Workshop Manager- Maidstone
Job Reference: 27032
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
At A-Plant Accommodation, we are proud to be a market leader in the supply of a modern fleet of site storage and welfare facilities, hiring out temporary building systems to the construction, industrial, infrastructure, utilities and events sectors.
From the Open Golf to Glastonbury, the Houses of Parliament to the Highlands of Scotland, you will find our fleet all across the UK. Our range includes single storage containers through to full contractor villages and we are continuing to grow, with multi-million investment in our equipment each year.
So, come and join our friendly team and we will provide you with everything you need to succeed. Award winning training, professional development and support and with the opportunities to progress your career
We are part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world! We are continuing to experience an exciting period of company growth, so it’s a great time to join our friendly team where you will play a key role in the Depot operations, helping to provide an outstanding level of customer service.
Roles and responsibilities
You will be responsible for running the busy Workshop and team of Fitters to ensure that all targets are achieved and customers are satisfied with the Service. Tasks will include;
- Responsible for maintaining equipment worth more than £1m.
- Places orders for spares and consumables in line with Company authorisation limits remaining within monthly and annual budgets.
- Prioritise the repair of equipment that is scheduled to go on-hire or is routinely in high demand by ensuring that no more than 5% of hireable assets are on repair at any one time.
- Ensure that all Pre-Hires are completed in a timely manner in line with customer order requirements
- Directly manages a team of Fitters being responsible for their performance and conduct at work.
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for someone who –
- Is qualified to NVQ Plant Maintenance level3orpreparedtoundergotraining and assessment to this level
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining diesel powered equipment, petrol engines, hydraulic systems and electrical appliances
- Experience of maintaining relevant equipment in a workshop environment
- Experience of managing a team of employees in a workshop environment
- Experience of achieving targets and working within a set budget
- Good communication skills and IT literate
Your hours of work will be Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 42.5 hours per week. Overtime may be available and would be mutually agreed.
The package includes a competitive salary and a flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance and a great Company pension scheme.
If you would like to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry then apply NOW!!