Plant Maintenance Apprentice - Maidstone Accommodation
Job Reference: App201830
A-Plant Accommodation offers a hire fleet of over 19,000 units, from a single cabin to fully linked site complexes, through dedicated Accommodation Service Centres across the UK.
As a Top 100 Employer of apprentices, with over 150 across the UK, A-Plant has an excellent apprenticeship programme which is growing each year and we want you to be part of it!
We are currently recruiting for plant maintenance apprentices to join us to embark on a 2 year Apprenticeship Programme.
Roles and responsibilities
The apprentice programme combines 'block release' training at Reaseheath College, a specialist facility in Cheshire, with on-the-job training in a Service Centre near your home. You'll usually attend college in two week blocks every three months working towards a plant maintenance qualification. During your time at college you'll recieve travel expenses, accommodation, food and lots of support.
The rest of the year, you'll be a key member of one of our Service Centre teams learning to:
- Maintain and repair accommodation units
- Capture and identify machine damage and ensure clear lines of communication are maintained with both manager and customer.
- Ensure the workplace and working environment is kept to a high standard and in line with company procedures and processes.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive service and maintenance records.
- Assist work colleagues as and when required.
The right candidate should possess the following skills:
- Ability to carry out instructions
- Adhere to Health & Safety
- Good Communication and listening skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Must have GCSE Grade 3/Grade D or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
As well as being part of an award winning apprenticeship team, you will receive:
- Starting salary of £10,500
- Yearly salary increase
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Annual Incentives